[mesa-users] mesa release 5118

Bill Paxton paxton at kitp.ucsb.edu
Mon Jun 17 12:49:39 EDT 2013

Here's an "executive summary" of changes since the last release (4942).

add Brown et al. 2013 thermohaline as MLT option.
implementation in mesa/mlt by Pascale Garaud

add r02 in astero along with r010, with help from Dennis Stello

add mesa/gyre from Rich Townsend
integrated with star/astero as alternative to adipls
includes options both adiabatic and non-adiabic analysis

add mesa/ecapture from Josiah Schwab
add wd_mg_ecapture to test_suite

Pablo Marchant and I have restructured star/binary_systems and renamed it star/binary

switch to new jina reaclib rates table -- jina_reaclib_results05301331

add Abund_TRho_History plot

It is a pleasure to have additions to mesa coming from so many contributors!
If you want more details, send questions to mesa-users -- I'll let the
people who provided the new features explain them in their own words.

Cheers,
Bill