[mesa-users] Inlists for a binary simulation

Pablo Marchant pamarca at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 06:24:57 EDT 2013

Roberto, I'm not sure what's not working for you. How are you setting the
star rotation? I just do this:

new_rotation_flag = .true.
change_rotation_flag = .true.
set_initial_surface_rotation_v = .true.
new_surface_rotation_v = 200

in the star_job part of the inlist. If you share your inlists it would be
easier to see what is going on. For me this works on binaries, but of
course, as several rotation-related things are missing it does not make
much sense to deal with rotating stars in my opinion...

The tidal_Q parameter is something I haven't dealt with and don't
understand that much. It somehow deals with orbital angular momentum loss
due to tides, but I have no idea how that makes sense as it does not take
into account rotational velocities or anything. This is on the function
get_jdot if you want to check, but I guess Bill should know more precisely
what's going on there.

Cheers!