[mesa-users] The run cannot automatically terminate

Yuqian Liu yl1260 at nyu.edu
Tue Dec 10 10:15:28 EST 2013

Hi Bill,

I think I'm using the latest version since I use the following command.

svn co -r 5596 svn://svn.code.sf.net/p/mesa/code/trunk mesa

This command is under 'Downloading MESA' section in the following webpage:

http://mesa.sourceforge.net/getting_started.html#download

I didn't modify the inlist_project. Actually I didn't modify anything. Here
is the content of inlist_profile:

! inlist_project

! contains the parameters controlling this job

! for the sake of future readers of this (yourself included),
! ONLY include the controls you are actually using.
! DO NOT include all of the other controls that
! simply have their default values.

&star_job

      mesa_dir = '' ! empty string defaults to environment variable MESA_DIR

      create_pre_main_sequence_model = .true.

      change_net = .true. ! switch nuclear reaction network
      new_net_name = 'o18_and_ne22.net'

      eos_file_prefix = 'mesa'
      kappa_file_prefix = 'gs98'

      pgstar_flag = .true.

/ !end of star_job

&controls

   !max_model_number = 15

  ! starting specifications
      initial_mass = 30 ! in Msun units
      initial_Z = 0.02
      initial_Y = 0.25

   ! output to files and terminal
      photostep = 50
      profile_interval = 50
      history_interval = 1
      terminal_interval = 10
      write_header_frequency = 10

  ! mass gain or loss
      RGB_wind_scheme = 'Reimers'
      AGB_wind_scheme = 'Blocker'
      RGB_to_AGB_wind_switch = 1d-4
      Reimers_wind_eta = 0.8d0
      Blocker_wind_eta = 0.5d0

  ! when to stop
      xa_central_lower_limit_species(1) = 'he4'
      xa_central_lower_limit(1) = 1d-12
         ! stop when the center abundance by mass of he4 drops below this
limit.

/

&pgstar

      ! top level controls

         !pause = .true.
            ! if true, the code waits for user to enter a RETURN on the
command line

/ ! end of pgstar namelist

Thank you so much!

Best wishes,