[mesa-users] Encountered bug compiling the star package, any suggestions t

Jan-Torge Schindler jtschindler at email.arizona.edu
Mon Sep 17 19:21:14 EDT 2012

Hello,
I just downloaded the newest MESA package and the mesadsk file and
wanted to install it.
During the installation process I encountered the following error.

I am very new to FORTRAN as well as to the MESA code and I wondered if
anyone ran into this error before.
At the moment I have no clue how to solve it and could use some help. If
I somehow figure it out on my own I will let you know what happened.

Cheers,
Jan-Torge

PS: Here is my error message:

/home/jtschindler/mesa/star
building star package.
.
.
.
gfortran -fno-range-check  -fopenmp  -I../public -I../private
-I../../include -Wunused-value -Werror -W -fimplicit-none   -O2 -c
-ffree-form -x f95-cpp-input -I/home/jtschindler/mesasdk//include
-I../defaults -I../job -I../other -I../binary_systems ../other/other_mlt.f
../other/other_mlt.f:124.51:

             mixing_length_alpha, alt_scale_height, thermohaline_option, &
                                                    1
Error: Type mismatch in argument 'use_density_scale_height' at (1);
passed CHARACTER(1) to LOGICAL(4)
make: *** [other_mlt.o] Error 1

/home/jtschindler/mesa/star/make
FAILED