[mesa-users] mesa install in linux VM fails at the [adipls] stage !

Prof M. N. Anandaram anandaram_mn at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 29 06:32:18 EST 2012

I managed to get zlib from www.zlib.net/zlib-1.2.5.tar.gz and from it
import libz.so into /usr/lib.
Now the ./install fails at the end of mesa/adipls stage
as the last part extract indicates below:

gfortran   -c -o ../gensr/strcompr.o ../gensr/strcompr.f
make[2]: `../gensr/blstio.o' is up to date.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/clawuser/mesa/adipls/adipack.c/gensr'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/clawuser/mesa/adipls/adipack.c/adipls'
./ck: /home/clawuser/mesa/adipls/test/../adipack.c/bin/fgong-amdl.d: /bin/csh: bad
 interpreter: No such file or directory
FAILED
/home/clawuser/mesa/adipls/test
TEST FAILED -- compare obs.txt to obs.test.txt

/home/clawuser/mesa/adipls
./build_and_test FAILED
When I checked the fgong-amd.d it seemed to require two command line args.
Is this install otherwise a success?
Any way what shd I do to bypass /adipls as my interest now is in solar zams model?
Thanking you,
Anandaram

From: Richard Townsend <townsend at astro.wisc.edu>
Since this isn't MESA-specific, I suggest you put your question to one of the many Ubuntu support groups.