[mesa-users] please also put MESA Summer School online

Samuel Harrold harrold at astro.as.utexas.edu
Mon Jan 23 15:32:25 EST 2012

Dear MESA Summer School organizers and MESA community,

Because of cuts to travel budgets and the cap on the total number of
participants in the MESA Summer School, some postdocs and graduate students
who would benefit from attending the Summer School will be unable to
attend. Please enable participants to attend the Summer School remotely by
broadcasting the meeting over the Internet. As a graduate student, it would
be much easier for me to acquire funding for access to the Summer School
online, say $20 each day, rather than for travel and lodging, which is in
the hundreds of dollars.

Please use a web conferencing service such as that provided by
gotomeeting.com (http://www.gotomeeting.com/fec/web_conferencing_comparison).
As a prospective MESA Summer School participant, I would be very willing to
pay an access fee in order to support the use of such software and the
personnel who facilitate the web conference.

Thank you,
Sam Harrold
Samuel Harrold
University of Texas at Austin