[mesa-users] Seeking community input on MESA's web presence

Aaron Dotter aaron.dotter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 20:51:57 EST 2012

Dear MESA community,

In an effort to improve the way in which we obtain help from, and share
information with, other MESA users, we are seeking your input.

The current standard relies entirely on the webpage and the mesa-users
email list.  This arrangement is not ideal as many new users have the same
basic questions and the email list experiences many repeated questions.
 Much of the information currently provided via email needs to be preserved
in an organized, searchable format.

We have access to a community forum through sourceforge.net and could use
it for some things, such as creating an FAQ for new users.  The forum
structure does not meet all the needs that we can envision, and something
along the lines of a wiki/plone could serve the community better.  However,
to do so requires moving out of the sourceforge domain.

Please respond to the following queries:

1.  What sort of MESA web presence would be most useful to you?

2.  If you've had experience with this sort of thing in the past, what
would you recommend that we do (or not do)?

Thank you for your input!
Aaron / MESA Council