[mesa-users] MESA for Education

Maarit Korpi mjkorpi at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 03:30:02 EST 2012

Dear all,

I recently lectured a course on stellar structure and evolution in the
University of Helsinki (undergrad level) using MESA both for demonstration
purposes during the lectures, and also for hands-on exercises for the
students. After having seen some trouble getting MESA installed and working
on the student computers, preparing some introductory material how to use
it and so forth, the students were able to use it themselves for
calculating simple stellar models. Developing further MESA for education
purposes it would be necessary to have some sort of quick reference guide
or manual, with some ready-to-run samples coming with the svn-distribution.
I am definitely interested in developing this idea further, although my own
expertise on MESA is still quite poor.

best wishes, Maarit Mantere