[mesa-users] Evolving a white dwarf on the cooling sequence

Francesca Valsecchi valsecchi.francesca at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 16:39:41 EST 2012

Hi all,

I would like to use MESA to create white dwarf models of different masses
and temperatures.

I created a He white dwarf using one of the test_suite runs and I am trying
to evolve it on the cooling sequence.

I have tried using the test_suite called wd_cool, reading in input the He
white dwarf model created, but I did not have success.

Is there any documentations on the various test_suite that deal with white
dwarfs? Also any paper that used MESA to study white dwarfs would be useful.

Thank you very much!

Francesca