[mesa-users] Failure in installation in rev.3372

Aaron Dotter aaron.dotter at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 10:18:14 EDT 2011

Hi Naveen,

This is an issue that we sometimes encounter with gfortran.  The ndiff
utility is looking for numerical differences between the expected result in
test_output and the actual result you get in tmp.txt.  The issue is that
sometimes gfortran reports very small numbers (e.g., 1E-50) where ifort
produces zeros.

This is something we've known that we need to account for in the way we
check test results, but haven't yet done anything about it.  I would
consider that your install of mesa passed this test based on the output
you've provided.  If you're confident you've passed the test, you can
override the test result:

cd diffusion/test
./tester > test_output
cd ../..
./install

Let us know if you continue to have problems.

Aaron