[mesa-users] Fwd: retry

Jing Luan jingluan at caltech.edu
Fri Jul 1 20:13:23 EDT 2011

Hello :-)

I force mesa to do a retry at some model but after retrying that model
mesa stops without any report;

Here is the content added to my extras_finish_step in run_star_extras.f, I
just set extras_finish_step to be retry when kn is even, and set
extras_finish_step to be keep_going when kn is odd, where kn is a save
integer and increases by 1 every time extras_finish_step is called:

integer, save :: kn

          write (*,*) 'call extras_finish_step'
          if (s% model_number == 3582) kn=0 ! model 3582 is the first model
because I start the run with model 3581

          if (mod(kn,2)==0) then
            write (*,*) 'retry,kn',kn
            kn=kn+1
            extras_finish_step = retry
          else
            write (*,*) 'keep_going,kn',kn
            kn=kn+1
	   extras_finish_step = keep_going
          end if

I tell mesa to print out 'call extras_finish_step' if extras_finish_step
is executed. I find that extras_finish_step is executed after the first
model with model number=3582, but NOT executed after the second model with
model number=3582; That is to say mesa terminates after the retried model
3582 is calculated and before extras_finish_step is called.

Because mesa does not report any information when it terminates, I really
have no idea where to trace the problem. Any help or suggestion is
appreciated!

Thank you very much :-)

Sincerely,
Jing