mesa-users] post-processing mesa models

Georgios Magkotsios gmagkots at nd.edu
Wed Oct 13 06:35:48 EDT 2010

  Dear mesa users,

I am interested in post-processing mesa models which have been evolved
from ZAMS to pre-collapse with a network such as approx21.net. I am not
sure yet to what detail I want to follow the trajectories, so I thought
starting with a couple of test runs to see what kind of results I get.

I have a one-zone burner which I intend to use for the post-processing.
I was wondering if any user has already been involved in post-processing
mesa trajectories, and could recommend a method employed. I understand
that possible critical information regarding mixing will be lost, which
is something hard to avoid when post-processing. I am particularly
interested to figure out a way to deal with the zone refinement from
model to model. Your feedback is mostly appreciated. Thank you.

Georgios Magkotsios